Who are PPAW?

PPAW (short for Pet Professionals at Work) is a trading style of Clear Insurance Management, who have dealt with this type of insurance for over 15 years. Our staff have the experience and knowledge to handle your business enquiries.

Who can apply for this product?

The Pet Professionals at Work insurance policy is designed for Pet Businesses dealing with customers animals. Our on-line policy is available for certain trades that are listed on the home page.

I do a trade that is not listed?

Don’t worry click on the contact us page and either e-mail us or give us a call.

When does the cover start?

Cover cannot be back-dated, but as soon as you accept the quotation and decide the date you want the policy to start from cover is in force. The policy will then run for 12 months or until the policy is cancelled.

I have a query regarding the quotation I have received on-line?

Not a problem, just click on the contact us page and either e-mail us or give us a call. We have many products available to us and hopefully your business will fit one of these.

What is classed as an employee?

As per the policy wording, an employee is defined as any person working for you in connection with your business who is:

  • employed by you under a contract of service or apprenticeship;
  • hired to or borrowed by you;
  • self-employed and working on a labour-only basis under your control or supervision;
  • engaged by labour-only subcontractors;
    a labour master or a person supplied by him;
  • engaged under a work experience or training scheme;
  • a voluntary helper.
What is an excess?

The excess is the amount you have to pay towards each agreed claim. The excess for each cover section of your policy will be clearly shown on your policy schedule.

How can I pay for this policy?

You can either pay in full by credit/debit card or by direct debit.

What is Insurance Premium Tax?

Insurance Premium Tax is an additional tax on general insurance premiums. While you pay VAT on regular goods, Insurance Premium Tax is paid on insurance. The premium quote you receive includes Insurance Premium Tax at a 12% rate.

How will I receive my policy documents?

Your policy documents will be emailed to you immediately after you have completed your online purchase. If you do not receive your policy documents then please contact [email protected] or call us on 01234 361111.

What if I want to cancel / amend my policy cover?

If you need to cancel or amend your policy, call 01234 361111 to speak to one of the team. In the event that you change your mind and no longer require the cover, you have 14 days to cancel the policy and, providing that no claims have been made, receive a full refund.

How do I make a claim?

Claiming couldn't be easier. Please visit our dedicated Claims page for more information.

What do I do if someone has a complaint against my business?

If a client has a problem with your work which is likely to lead to a claim against your business for compensation, even if you disagree with the complaint being made, please let us know as soon as possible. For further details, please refer to the Claims page.

How do I make a complaint?

We aim to ensure that all aspects of your insurance are dealt with promptly, efficiently and fairly. At all times we are committed to providing you with the highest standard of service. If you have any concerns about your policy or you are dissatisfied about the handling of a claim and wish to complain you should, in the first instance, contact in writing at:

Pet Professionals at Work
14b St Cuthberts Street
MK40 3JB
Tel: 01234 346495
Email: [email protected]

Pen Underwriting Limited
Complaints 7th Floor
Spectrum Building
55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow
G2 7AT
Tel: 0141 285 3539
Email: [email protected]

DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited
Customer Relations Department
DAS House, Quay Side
Temple Back
Tel :0344 893 9013
Email: [email protected]
Online Complaint Form on: www.das.co.uk

Hiscox Customer Relations
Hiscox House
Sheepen Place
Colchester, Essex
Tel: 01206 773705
Email: [email protected]

Where you are not satisfied with the final response, you also have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. For more information regarding the scope of the Financial Ombudsman Service, please refer to www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk